Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eco-scam: The False Prophets of the Ecological Apocalypse

Today I am reading Ronald Bailey, Eco-Scam: The False Prophets of Ecological Apocalypse.

in an email exchange with a psychologist in L.A. I got onto this idea of ecologists being false prophets. That conversation didn't go far, unfortunately, but during the course of it I came up with the thought that ecologists are false prophets. I looked on the Internet, and sure enough, I found the title above. I now have the book. It's written by a magazine journalist, so there isn't any great thinking in it, but the subject carries the work well enough.

Of the three reviews, be warned that at least one person didn't like the book. His review should tell you enough to decide for yourself:

Corporate Rubbish, June 25, 2005
This review is from: Eco-Scam: The False Prophets of Ecological Apocalypse (Hardcover)
This book isn't worth a cent. It's full of lies and major flaws.
Almost all scientists agree that global warming is a real danger to mankind. Insteed read something like Boiling Point or Complete Idiot's Guide to Global Warming.

If that doesn't get the point across, I'm sure PeaceCommie will have more to tell you when he controls the universe. Wait for it.

I'll try to add more when I finish the book.

2 comments:

Dag said...

I read Bailey's book this evening. It's not an intellectual work but that of a journalist with clear and concise information of an important subject. I'm not complaining. If I wanted Thomas Hobbes, I'd pull out one of my copies of Leviathan. This is journalism. For what it is, it's good.

Now I know why "climate" is a big thing among the religious fanatics of Ecology. I know more about the whole concept of Ecology as religion, which is why I searched for a book like this in the first place. This book is an extended magazine article on some aspects of Ecology c. 1990. It's intellectually light years ahead of "Peace Commie," but it fails to go the extra yard to make it into the field intelligent. Too bad. The writer is obviously a good guy. If you're looking for a few hours of light reading that debunks some of the stupider ecological claims of recent years, this book is OK.

If you want something serious, try Julian L. Simon, The Ultimate Resource.

Dag said...

Yes, I will have more on Ecology, perhaps this evening if I can find some time.

For those who've followed this blog over the years, news of Ecology will come as no surprise. This been a central theme from the beginning. And now, after all these years, I am putting the finishing touches to my research on the subject, completing the writing of A Genealogy of Left Dhimmi Fascism, Vol. III, "Oikos: Earth and Man."

Time permitting, this evening I'll begin the second book I have by Rudolph Bahro, Building the Green Movement, (1986). If I make any significant headway I'll leave a bit of commentary at the main page.