Friday, April 23, 2010

Malmo Muslims object to naked Mohammed/Aisha/Doll cartoon.

Esther at Islam in Europe has some interesting news from Malmo, Sweden about postering against Islam. Click the link if you will, to see the poster in question. It portrays a naked 53 year old Mohammed with his nine year old wife Aisha and her doll. For some reason, Muslims object to it. Child marriage is just fine with Muslims, but being called on it is a story they can't stand. No wonder. But still, one must wonder.

Malmö: Anti-Islam party posters show Muhammad naked

Malmö: Anti-Islam party posters show Muhammad naked
Update: French blog Bivouac-ID posted a picture of the poster (content warning!). The caption reads "Mohammed with wife, he's 53, she's 9. Is this the type of marriage we want to see in Skåne?"

The anti-Islam Skåne Party put posters with cartoons in twenty different places in Malmö. The posters portray the prophet Muhammed naked with a 9 year old wife by his side. The posters have been reported to the police by both the police and at least one person. The reporters think it could be hate speech.

"There's no reason for that. We're attacking Islam, not people who believe in Islam. We consider Islam to be very dangerous and psyco-social infectious disease," said Carl P Herslow, head of the Skåne Party, who thinks the posters defend freedom of expression and the press.

The party held seats in municipal councils in the past. In the 2006 elections the party got 1.8% of the votes and therefore dropped out. The party will run in the next elections.

On Tueday Björn Lagerbäck (FP) contacted Sydsvenskan. He heads the municipality's recently established Dialog Forum, where different groups in Malmö can convene to discuss "the values that divide and unite".

"The city of Malmö clearly opposes the posters. We appeal to all Muslim groups not to let themselves be provoked. The Skåne Party is a small, isolated sect," he said.

According to the Skåne Party, at least nine of the posters were vandalized since they were put out Monday. The party did not want to say who designed the cartoons.

The Muslim Association of Sweden demands an apology from Skåne Party leader Carl P Herslow.

"The party's posters are hate speech," the association's leader Mahmoud Aldebe said in a statement.

"The Skåne Party is ," said Mahmoud Aldebe.
http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2010/04/malmo-anti-islam-party-posters-show.html

And what do we call a politically driven religion that promotes child marriage if not "a small, isolated, terrorist sect which should be banned from participating in the fall election"? Well, we could call it a large, triumphalist, terrorist movement which should be banned from participating in the fall or any other election. But then, we'd have to call that Islam.

What do Muslims say to each other when they think no one else is reading?

Aisha: (Allah be pleased with her) reported: "Allah's Apostle (may peace be
upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his
house when I was nine years old."
Sahih Muslim 8:3310
"My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two
branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some
water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could
catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our
house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and
left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was
nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of
me."
Tabari IX:131.

Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years).
We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then
I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my
mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my
girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted
to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the
house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Alright, she took
some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the
house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and
Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they
prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in
the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a
girl of nine years of age.
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:234


A'isha

(Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon
him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house
as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the
Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.
Sahih Muslim 8:3311

Sahih Bukhari, affirms in no less than five places that Aisha was six when Muhammad took her and nine when he consummated the marriage

(vol. 5, bk. 58, no. 234; vol. 5 bk. 58 no. 236; vol. 7 bk. 62 no. 64; vol. 7 bk. 62 no. 65; and vol. 7 bk. 62 no. 88).

It is also in Sunan Abu Dawud (bk. 41 no. 4915), another of the Sahih Sittah, the six hadith collections Muslims accept as most reliable.

This has consequences in the real world. Mohammed is considered by Muslims to be the perfect man, and he is to be imitated in every respect possible. One imitation of Mohammed accounts for the Islamic practice of child marriage. They do it, but they don't like others knowing about it. Hence the poster. We do know what they do.

No comments: