Friday, December 11, 2009

Pat Walshe, 1900-1991


This might not change your whole world, but this is a cool site, I do think so. Just look at this:

Walshe, Pat b. July 26, 1900 d. December 11, 1991
Actor. Played "Nikko" the head winged monkey in the 'Wizard of Oz.' (Bio by: Gravefinder)
Westwood Memorial Park, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA

http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous.php?page=date&diedOn=1

Kant writes, "Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end."

I like the first part of the sentence. It makes a point the rest fouls. I think, not reading German, that the quotation is closer to "Every man is an end unto himself." Nikko was a man. Who'd have thought? He died ten years ago, and I didn't give it any notice. That's not surprising. It's surprising, as I read on eugenics, that he might not have lived at all, had elites their way.

No comments: