Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Seven Percent Solution

Nine times out of ten I get all my statistics wrong, and I always blow simple estimates at least a hundred percent of the time simply because I don't pay much attention to what I'm supposed to be doing with them. Look at your lucky self and be thankful I'm not working in government.

Dutch Cost Government too Much

"The Dutch cost their government too much. The more Dutchmen there are, the more they cost the Government." This was stated by Peter Kooiman, a senior official of the Central Planning Bureau. He explained that the services provided by the Government during a person's lifetime cost more than a person contributes in taxes. Kooiman came out against the proposal by Minister Rouvoet (Christian Union) to promote childbirth and said that this will negatively influence Government finances."
www.nrc.nl/binnenland/article943183.ece/De_Nederlander_is_een_kos
http://badnewsfromthenetherlands.blogspot.com/

I'll take a stab at it. If there were only one Dutchman left in the universe, he alone would cost the government more than the government can get out of him. But maybe I misunderstood the whole point above like I do so often when it comes to numbers. Please correct me if so.

No comments: